DSE/VDU & Ergonomics Training
The use of technology in the form of computers, laptops, tablets, smart phones etc., is an integral part of daily life for many people and is essential in most workplaces.
Display Screen Equipment (DSE) will not pose a risk of injury or cause ill health, provided it is set up correctly. In particular, the misuse of equipment in this way can cause musculoskeletal disorders, especially upper limb and back problems. Some users may also experience stress, fatigue, headaches and eye strain.
The Display Screen Equipment (DSE) online course explores how to set up your workstation to avoid health and safety issues. It covers the relevant legislation, the importance of good posture, and exercises to prevent musculoskeletal problems, aches and pains.
- The risks associated with improper DSE use
- How to set up DSE correctly when in an office
- How to set up DSE correctly when working remotely
- Exercises to minimise the risks of prolonged DSE use
- The importance of regular screen breaks
- How to safely work with computer monitors or display screens for a duration of more than one hour of your workday.
- Proper use of a computer keyboard, a mouse or any digital input devices on a regular basis.
In this course you will learn:
- How to set up your computer monitor or screen in a way that reduces eyestrain.
- How to organise your workplace in a way that allows you to remain comfortable through the working day,
- How to use digital input equipment, such as keyboards in a way that reduces the risk of illness and injury.
Who should take this course?
Any workers who:
- Use DSE regularly and the people who manage them can benefit from this course.
- Work with computer monitors or display screens for a duration of more than one hour of your workday.
- Use a computer keyboard, a mouse or any digital input devices on a regular basis.
- Sales and marketing staff
- Office workers
- Home workers
- Remote workers
At the end of this course you:
- Will be aware of the risks and hazards associated with operating a DSE/VDU workstation.
- Will have a working knowledge of the legal requirements applicable to DSE/VDU Workstations.
- Will be able to set up and maintain your workstation layout in line with legal requirements