- Health and Safety Legislation
- The client. Duties of the client and their role.
- The PSDP and his duties etc.
- Designers and their duties.
- Project Supervisor for the Construction Stage Duties of the Project Supervisor Construction Stage (PSCS)
- Contractors and their duties.
- Employees and other persons at work.
- Consultation requirements.
- Codes of Practice
- What is the PSCS?
- What must the PSCS do?
- What does the PSCS need to get from contractors prior to coming on site?
- Safety File
- AF1 & AF2
- Site Audits
- Toolbox Talks
- Safety Meetings
- Accident report forms and how to fill them out. Accident logbook.
- Traffic management plans/Construction site traffic management plan
- Method statements SSWP`s.
- Scaffolding/using ladders safely. GA 4.
- Working at height, MEWPS, harness lanyard etc.
- Plant and Machinery GA 1, GA 2, GA 3, use of work equipment.
The aim of this Programme is to give the participants the competencies necessary to discharge their duties under the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work, Construction Regulations 2013, as Project Supervisors for the Construction Stage.
On successful completion of the programme, the participants will be able to:
- Understand the main requirements of current legislation
- Know the duties and responsibilities of relevant parties
- Consult, communicate and coordinate with stakeholders
- Advise the Client
- Know how to understand and utilise the Preliminary Plan
- Develop the Construction Stage Safety and Health Plan
- Develop the Safety Management System for the Project
- Cooperate with the Site Safety Representative
- Coordinate the Contractors and assess for competence
- Complete Forms and Documentation
- Collate the information for the Safety File
- Participants must complete a quiz at the end of each lesson to test for understanding of the material.
- Participants will complete a Final Exam once the course is completed.
- The Practical Assessment will require the completion of construction Based Risk Assessments.