Overview of Course
On this course you will review and understand the following people handling techniques:
- The Legislation in Ireland governing Health and Safety & Safe Manual Handling techniques.
- Explain the duties of the employer
- Explain the duties of the employees in relation to Health and Safety at Work.
- Explain how pregnancy affects the ability to handle loads.
- Anatomy of the Spine and safe handling techniques.
- Understand the Consequences of poor manual handling in the workplace.
- Demonstrate Correct Lifting and moving techniques in the workplace.
- Demonstrate correct people moving & handling techniques in the workplace.
- Lifting From a Chair
- Assist from a chair.
- Walk assist.
- How to limit the fall of a person.
- Person transfer using banana board.
- Wheelchair to chair,
- Bed to wheelchair,
- How to park a wheelchair.
- Person transfer from bed to wheelchair using sling and hoist.
- Person transfer from floor to bed using sling and hoist.
- Person sit up in bed.
- Move person in bed using slide sheets.
- Coach a fallen person.
Course resources are only available to registered students