This Paediatric First Aid Training Course sets out to train participants on life saving skills in relation to children generally up to the age of 13. This course is designed to give participants, who have no previous experience of first aid with children, the required skills to deal with a first aid or medical emergency before professional help arrives.
- Introduction & Safety Checks
- Aims of First Aid & The Primary Survey
- Secondary Survey
- Vital Signs
- Common injuries – Nosebleed & Fainting
- Head Injuries, Concussion and Compression
- Wounds and Bleeding
- Fractures, Sprains, Strains and Dislocations
- Shock & Critical Incident Stress / Post Traumatic Shock
- Burns & Chemical Burns
- Febrile Convulsions
- Chicken Pox
- Anaphylactic Shock
- Bites, Stings and Jellyfish Stings
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- Recognise and Assess the causes and effects of sudden illness and/or injury in a pre-hospital environment and call for emergency medical services.
- React to such pre-hospital emergencies.
- Respond in a safe, effective and appropriate manner to such emergencies utilising the First Aid skill set.
- Record and Report actions and interventions taken while responding to and managing such incidents
- Retain a professional and caring attitude in your performance as a First Aider.
Course resources are only available to registered students