This course is intended to instruct you in the practices of safe manual handling and lifting.
Patricia the company Director is an Ergonomist who specialises in occupational injuries and how to assess and prevent them, she has trained her team of safety professionals on work related upper limb disorder, repetitive strain injury, signs of carpal tunnel syndrome and how to prevent these injuries in your workplace.
After completing this Course you will have knowledge of:
- The Legislation in Ireland governing Health and Safety & Safe Manual Handling techniques.
- Explain the duties of the employer
- Explain the duties of the employees in relation to Health and Safety at Work.
- Explain how pregnancy affects the ability to handle loads.
- Anatomy of the Spine and safe handling techniques.
- Understand the Consequences of poor manual handling in the workplace.
- Demonstrate Correct Lifting and moving techniques.
Course resources are only available to registered students