This First Aid for Sports Training Course sets out to train participants on life saving skills in relation to children and adults . This course is designed to give participants, who have no previous experience of first aid, the required skills to deal with a first aid or medical emergency before professional help arrives.
- Introduction & Safety Checks
- Aims of First Aid & The Primary Survey
- Secondary Survey
- Vital Signs
- Common injuries – Nosebleed & Fainting
- Head Injuries, Concussion and Compression
- Wounds and Bleeding
- Fractures, Sprains, Strains and Dislocations
- Burns & Chemical Burns
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- Recognise and Assess the causes and effects of sudden illness and/or injury in a pre-hospital environment and call for emergency medical services.
- React to such pre-hospital emergencies.
- Respond in a safe, effective and appropriate manner to such emergencies utilising the First Aid skill set.
- Record and Report actions and interventions taken while responding to and managing such incidents
- Retain a professional and caring attitude in your performance as a First Aider.