This Health & Safety Representative training course is a 3 Day programme, designed to provide the learner with the skills and knowledge to fulfil their role as a safety representative, to promote and maintain safety and health in the workplace and effectively represent employees on health & safety issues.
- Health & Safety Legislation
- Promoting Health & Safety in the Workplace
- Role and functions of HSA
- Role of The Safety Representative/ Rights of the Safety Representative
- Be Familiar with the importance of communicating the Safety Statement and its contents to all staff.
- Be Familiar with the importance of Hazard Identification & Risk Assessment.
- Control Measures
- Discuss Occupational Illness & Occupational Diseases
- Emergency Procedures
- Policies and Procedures
- Accident Prevention
- Accident Reporting/ Near Miss Reporting
- Safety Committee meetings
- Accident Investigation
- Importance of Effective Communication skills
On course completion the learners will:
- Understand the roles and functions of a Health and Safety Representative.
- Understand the concept of the promotion of safety, health & welfare in the workplace
- Be familiar with health & safety legislation
- Describe the role, the rights and the functions of the Health and Safety Authority
- Describe the role, the rights and the functions of the Health & Safety Representatives
- Understand the importance of Communicating the safety statement, hazard identification & risk assessment.
- Be able to carry out workplace inspections and investigate accidents in the workplace.
- Understand the communication process and effective participation at meetings
- Outline the factors of accident causation, describe prevention strategies and policies and procdures.
The course is approved by IIRSM – International Institute of Risk & Safety Management.