Forklift Training for EXPERIENCED DRIVERS
This two-day course is designed for experienced operators who do not hold a certificate but do have experience driving the forklift truck.
Certificates are awarded to participants who are successful in both the theoretical and practical tests. These certificates are valid for 3 years.
A confidential assessment on each operator’s abilities can also be provided to be kept on the employee’s file. All of our instructors are trained to the approved and accredited RTITB standard.
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Operate a forklift truck safely, reducing the risk of injury to operators and pedestrians
- Use safe operating habits
- Understand the potential consequences of their actions
- Load and unload safely
- Refuel/recharge forklifts safely
- Handle awkward loads
- Introduction to course
- Introduction to truck
- Safe operating practices and safety video
- Elementary driving
- Explanation, demonstration and guided practice in the correct procedures to adopt when driving a forklift truck
- Examination (written and practical)
On successful completion of this course a Safety Matters Certificate will be issued.