We run both the full FAR 3 day course and the FAR refresher 2 day course. Both courses are PHECC (Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Council) certified.
- Patient Assessment
- Incident Procedures
- Cardiac First Response (Community)
- Common Medical Emergencies
- Injury Management and Shock
- Care of the Unconscious Patient
- Hypothermia and Hyperthermia
- Information Management
- The Well Being of the First Aid Responder
- Recognise and Assess the causes and effects of sudden illness and/or injury in a pre-hospital environment and call for emergency medical services.
- React to such pre-hospital emergencies.
- Respond in a safe, effective and appropriate manner to such emergencies utilising the First Aid Response skill set.
- Record and Report actions and interventions taken while responding to and managing such incidents and during handover to emergency medical services.
- Retain a professional and caring attitude in your performance as a First Aid Responder
- Assessment using the PHECC’s CFR Community assessment sheet and other FAR sheets.
- A 30 minute, 20 short question written exam; the pass mark is 80%.
Upon successful completion of the course and assessment, participants are presented with an FAR Certificate, accredited by (PHECC) Pre Hospital Emergency Care Council which is valid for two years.
An FAR Refresher Course must be completed after the two years