Who Should Attend?
This course is suitable for anyone who uses abrasive wheels in their work activities.
The course is particularly relevant for those who use bench grinders, pedestal grinders and angle grinders. Although the training doesn’t cover the use of specialist grinding machines, the health and safety information throughout the course is still applicable.
The course has been written at an introductory level and no pre-requisite training is required.
Experience of using abrasive wheels would be advantageous.
Abrasive wheels regulations
- Identifying the hazards working with abrasive wheels
- Selecting the correct wheel for the job
- Inspection & testing of abrasive wheels
- Guarding of grinding and cutting operations
- Dressing and truing of abrasive wheels
- Functions of components, flanges, blotters etc
- Differences between grinding and cutting operations
- Safe mounting of the abrasive wheel
On completion of this training participants will be able to:-
- Safely store and identify abrasive wheels
- Be able to select the appropriate wheel use
- Be able to inspect and recognise damaged wheels
- Be able to mount an abrasive wheel
- Understand the hazards and risks when using abrasive wheels
Abrasive Wheels Training Certification
On successful completion of this course a Safety Matters Certificate will be issued.
Refresher Training is recommended at intervals not greater than 3 years.