Enjoy National Dark Chocolate Day and make it extra special!
Making a dark chocolate fondue is a great way to celebrate National Dark Chocolate Day.
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon brandy or liqueur of your choice
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
In a medium saucepan, combine the cream, vanilla extract and salt. Heat over medium heat until the mixture barely simmers.
Remove from the heat and stir in the chocolates and brandy until completely melted and smooth.
Transfer to the fondue pot or a chafing dish that is on low heat. Stir the mixture occasionally.
Using skewers dip pieces of cake, bread or fruit into the melted chocolate sauce.
For details of our Food Safety Courses please visit https://safetymatters.ie/course-details/