Govt ‘minded’ to go with restrictions before New Year

The Government is “minded” to go with “significant restrictions” on the hospitality sector before New Year’s Eve, the Taoiseach has said.

Speaking after a meeting of the North-South Ministerial Council, Micheál Martin said the Government would ultimately decide when the Cabinet meets on Tuesday, but he said they are “very minded” to accept the advice from the National Public Health Emergency Team to bring forward the date.

He said given the rising number of Covid-19 cases over the last week there is a desire to avoid exacerbating that even more with New Year’s Eve,

For more information please see https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/1218/1185179-coronavirus-ireland/