The Government has announced tonight it will implement some easing of restrictions under the Covid-19 Resilience and Recovery Plan 2021.
These new measures will take effect on a phased basis, beginning from today with a “vaccine bonus” for those fully vaccinated.
So what changes can you expect in the weeks and months to come? Here is what you need to know…
- Those who are fully vaccinated may visit with other fully vaccinated people (from one other household only) indoors without wearing masks or staying 2 metres apart. Fully vaccinated means that two weeks have elapsed since you received your second dose
- In-school teaching to fully return
- You can meet one other household outside but not in your garden or theirs
- You can travel within your county or within 20km of your home if crossing county boundaries
- All residential construction can restart, as well as early-learning and childcare projects
- Elite-level senior GAA can resume training, not including under 20 or minor competitions
- Elite-level senior GAA matches can resume
- High performing athletes, as approved by Sport Ireland, can resume training
- Outdoor sports facilities can reopen (eg: pitches, golf courses and tennis courts, other facilities as appropriate)
- Facilities including club houses and any indoor facilities (for example: changing rooms, showers, kitchens, meeting rooms), apart from essential toilet facilities must remain closed. There should not be any return to team sports or training activities
- Outdoor visitor attractions can reopen (i.e. zoos, open pet farms, heritage sites)
- Underage non-contact outdoor training in pods of 15 can recommence for all exercise activities that can be delivered outdoors including dance
- Maximum attendance at funerals will increase from 10 to 25 on compassionate grounds