Legionellosis is the collective name given to the pneumonia-like illness caused by legionella bacteria. This includes the potentially fatal legionnaires’ disease, as well as similar, but less serious conditions.
Any water system that has the right environmental conditions can become a source of legionella bacteria. Cooling towers, evaporative condensers and whirlpool spas are particularly susceptible but all water systems can pose a risk.
- What is Legionella?
- What are the Legal Requirements
- Identify Hazardous environments
- Explain the Risk Assessments involved.
- How to Control the hazards or eliminate them.
- Safe Operating Procedures
- Monitoring Procedures
- Review the system
Certified by Safety Matters