Induction Safety Training & Manual Handling Training 06.10.2022
October 6 @ 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm€100.00
Induction Health & Safety Awareness
Employers have a legal responsibility to provide key safety information to staff. Your staff need to understand Health & Safety basics in the workplace. The Health & Safety Awareness Course will deliver exactly that and provide your business with legal compliance.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
All employees in the work place.
This course outlines:
- The importance of Health & Safety during Covid-19 pandemic
- Know what a Safety Statement contains
- Know there is company safety policy signed by top management
- Identify the different hazard types
- Know what to do in an emergency
- Find the Eircode at work
- Know the emergency telephone numbers
- Who is the First Aider?
- How do I report an accident
- Find the fire assembly point
- How to report a near miss or accident
- Know the dangers at work e.g. Stairs, ramps, cables, poor lighting,poor ventilation etc
Manual Handling Course Objectives:
To instruct you in the practices of safe manual handling and lifting.
Patricia the company Director is an Ergonomist who specialises in occupational injuries and how to assess and prevent them, she has trained her team of safety professionals on work related upper limb disorder, repetitive strain injury, signs of carpal tunnel syndrome and how to prevent these injuries in your workplace. Our staff are not just instructors, they are highly skilled safety professionals who carry out regular safety training both inhouse and externally for example through the Irish Ergonomic and Human Factor Society. There are few companies in Ireland who have access to such highly trained ergonomists so training with Safety Matters means you will be receiving the most current and relevant training in the country.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
All persons who are at risk through carrying out manual handling tasks as part of their day to day work.
- Legislation Governing Manual Handling
- Duties of employers
- Duties of employees
- Identifying the load
- Anatomy of the spine
- Principles of good movement
- Kinetic Lifting
- Types and causes of injury
- Practical applications of lifting, pushing, pulling and carrying
- Multiple choice theory questionnaire
- Practical lifting exercise
MANUAL HANDLING TRAINING CERTIFICATION:
On successful completion of this course, a Safety Matters Certificate will be issued.
Refresher training is required after three years.